Tuesday, May 30, 2006

The Da Vinci Code

I went to the move Sunday night, by myself, so I would have no distractions. ******
The movie stayed pretty much true to the book, and I thought the characters were well developed and convincing. I don't know why the critics didn't like Tom Hank's look for this movie. The Robert Langdon character is supposed to be an intellectual "nerdy" professor type anyway, not a hunky leading man like Brad Pitt or Richard Gere. Seeing all the locations where it was filmed really made me want to go back to see more of London and Paris. I'm sure they've changed a lot since I was there in 1985. Anyway, back on topic, you don't have to have read the book to enjoy the movie, but it will help you keep up with the plot and characters. If you enjoy action, there are lots of chase scenes and fights. Even after all the hype, I thought they managed to keep us at the edge of our seats for the most part. Yes, it is long (two and one-half hours) but there wasn't anything I would have taken out. I had no problem seeing the movie as a good piece of fiction (it was never represented as anything else) with enough parallels to historical fact to make you wonder about some things. As a matter of fact, I'd like to see them do Angels and Demons as well. It would make a great movie.

1 Comments:

At 6:04 AM, Blogger Anne said...

Thanks for the movie review. Derek and I will definitely go see it now. Hope you had a great birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home