Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Easter Weekend

Unfortunately, I started my long weekend with a virus that surfaced on Wednesday. I had been going full speed for too long, and it finally caught up with me, so I slept for two days! By Saturday, I was feeling fine, but didn't get much done before then. I had bought Dan Brown's other two books Deception Point and Digital Fortress, both of which are real page-turners. I finished both of them in 4 days. They do not relate at all to Angels & Demons and the DaVinci Code which I read earlier, but I highly recommend all of them. I am awaiting the opening of the DaVinci Code movie next month with great anticipation.

I did some shopping on Saturday which included more clothes (of course) and a new digital camera. I haven't had a chance to completely set it up yet, but am looking forward to some pictures that I can post. Maybe you'll get to see my "babies" as I practice with the new camera.

I made a bit of a dent in sorting through my closets to sort out and separate the seasonal stuff into the 3 different sized wardrobes I now own. Regardless of size, if I haven't worn it in the past year, it gets given away to friends or Goodwill. I gave Winona 8 blazers and a few suits and a box of miscellaneous items to distribute among her family. The nice new summer dresses
I bought last year in size 14 will have to wait a while longer. I also need to sort out the size 16's which are now tight for me, and put them aside too, hopefully only until the summer.

I had some friends at my place for turkey dinner on Sunday, and Chris did all the cooking. Shirley brought a big home-made chocolate cake for dessert, and I had Kinder Surprise eggs at each place setting. We had fun assembling and playing with our little toys after the meal. I sent Shirley home with most of the leftover turkey and stuffing by mistake, instead of the plate I had actually prepared for her to take home. Chris and I went downtown to the Doiron's on Monday for another turkey dinner. Of course, Chris and Brandon spent most of their time playing video games. James and April are doing well.

Crystal had her birthday last week, and Steven's is today. Both are now "Sweet 16" and loving it. I should be getting Adrienne's actual graduation pictures soon, and will post them for all to see. I'm looking forward to seeing them if Adrienne has her graduation exercises in the Fall.

I'm interviewing a cleaning service tomorrow to come in twice per month. I just don't have time to get my housework done properly and still keep up my social life, Progress Club duties and other activities evenings and weekends. I have so many gadgets to set up and learn how to use properly. Every item, including scanner, digital camera, MP3 player, palm pilot, cell phone, etc has a manual I have yet to read and connect to my computer and printer. If I can get someone to come in every second Thursday, I won't be embarrassed to have people visit me at home, and I won't feel guilty about relaxing or playing at the computer on my days off if I feel like it. I do most of my reading after 9PM and weekend mornings.

And now my lunch break is over, and I need to get back to work. I hope you all had a Happy Easter.

1 Comments:

At 3:58 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

Garry got me the Davinci Code while I was off last week. I couldn't put it down. So like you, I too cannot wait for the movie. Now when they show the trailer on TV I reconize the part it relates to in the book. I proberly wont make it the first weekend though, it will be at least two weeks before I get a free night, between getting ready for inventory at work and finishing off the guiding season, Im all booked up right now. I cant go with Candice, she hasnt read the book yet and the movie will ruin it. I might just sneek in by myself and sit at the back.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home