Monday, March 13, 2006

Progress Club Mini Convention - Jasper

The Western Region (Saskatchewan, Alberta, BC) has scheduled its Spring (mini) Convention at the Sawridge Inn and Conference Centre in Jasper, June 2nd, 3rd, & 4th and I can't wait! (See http://www.sawridgejasper.com/). Looks like a really nice hotel. I haven't been to Jasper for at least 10 years. It's quite a bit further from Calgary than Banff where I would usually go to spend time in the mountains.

A typical mini-concention starts out with a golf tournament, registration, and welcome party on Friday. There's usually a hospitality suite open after the party where you can socialize and party until the wee hours of the morning. Saturday it's usually a buffet breakfast where you see how many survived the night before, then the Annual General Meeting. There is an awards luncheon after that, then a few seminars. Saturday night is the semi-formal President's Ball. Of course there's another hospitality suite after that. Sunday we have breakfast/brunch and some get ready to leave while some stay on a few days to spend more time exploring the area. It's sort of a mini-version of the national convention in the fall.

It can be expensive, the convention fee itself is $140 and the rooms are $119 double occupancy per night. I'll be driving up and sharing a room with one of the other girls. I'll leave on Thursday, and it will take most of that day to get there since I really want to enjoy the scenery on the way. Hopefully, by then, I will have my digital camera and can post pictures.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home