Sunday, February 26, 2006

Brandon's birthday

My little buddy Brandon turns 11 on March 2nd. Brandon is James (Jimmy) Doiron's son, and he and I have become friends in the past couple of years. I don't have a recent picture of him, but hope to have one soon that I can scan.

Today, we went to see Eight Below at the Chinook theatre at around 1:00PM, a time when more than half the audience is under 10 years old. Needless to say, it was noisy enough in the theatre to be somewhat distracting, and tiny feet kicking the back of your chair didn't add to enjoyment of the movie. I think we had a birthday party of about 10 six-year-old boys in the row behind us. I drew the line at one little darling trying to balance his empty popcorn bag on my head. Regardless, the movie is a must for any animal lover, some sad parts, but with a happy ending. The story line is easy to follow and kept our interest. The story is about the dogs, not the people, but of course there had to be a love interest and some conflict among the humans. Unless you're taking kids, go to the evening show.

We then proceeded to shop for Brandon's birthday present, looking for a pair of "heelies" (those sneakers with the wheels in the heels all the kids are wearing now) and had no luck after three malls. They apparently have them at Market Mall, but it was after 4:00 PM and I had gone to Marlborough Mall instead. However, Brandon steered me to a store called "Beanies and ???" where we picked out "Yu-Gi-O - The Master Collection (Volume I)" and that seemed to make him very happy. We had supper at Smitty's and then I took him home and visited with his Mom April for awhile. I tried to get his home computer working, and was successful up to the point where I needed the right connections to get the mouse working, and had to give up. All in all, a pretty full day.

It's going to be a very busy week at work with meetings most of tomorrow, a course on Tuesday, and several deadlines to work against. Oh yeah, and tomorrow night is my meeting with my Jenny Craig counsellor, Wednesday is my Progress Club meeting, and a very important meeting Thursday that I have to prepare for. I keep taking work h0me expecting that I'll find time to do some catch-up, but I never get around to it. At least I had a chance to meet my friend Linda for breakfast Saturday morning, and we got somewhat caught up with each other.

I've decided that friends aren't a part of my life that I can fit in my "spare" time, I will make time to spend with the people who keep my life interesting and balanced.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home