Sunday, February 12, 2006

Another Weekend Done Gone

The past week at work was very hectic, but I believe two alligators have been slain, and the others are lined up like ducks in a shooting gallery.

I felt I needed some major escapism and talked Christian into going to a movie with me. I wish I had known that he was not aware of what "Brokeback Mountain" was about. It would have been entertaining to watch his reaction. I'm sure withing the first 20 minutes I would have had an elbow in the ribs with a "What the %*?# is this..." snarled at me. Anyway, we compromised and went to see The Chronicles of Narnia instead. It was very good, amazing photography and visual effects. I wanted to see Syriana, but he wanted to wait until it came to the "cheap" theatre. I'll give a review after I've seen it. Chris will have to go to see the vampire/werewolf movies without me.

Went to Vertigo Mystery Theatre with the girls yesterday to see "I'll Be Back Before Midnight". I highly recommend it to anybody who likes thrillers that have you jumping out of your seat. It's nice to see Vertigo getting back to the basics of Agatha Christie type mysteries. We all went to Little India afterward for delicious buffet of a great variety of dishes. If you'd like to try something different, it's a great restaurant. Service is good, staff is friendly, and price is reasonable. The girls and I like to sample different cuisines after the theatre.

I'll be going to a couple of the shelters in Lethbridge Wednesday-Thursday and attending a meeting at city hall. It's always a nice ride down there, so I don't mind when my job takes me there for a few days.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home