Saturday, March 25, 2006

Whirlwind Weekend

Well, it's 11:00 on a Saturday morning, and I'm already behind! I meant to get into the office by noon to fishish up a few things. I was on course at the Sheraton across from Canada Olympic Park for two days, my mileage for the two days was 118 km. Just goes to show you how big an area the city of Calgary covers. Anyway, it's kind of thrown me behind, but it was a very good course on communications and remembering things like names and lists. I met some interesting people, and it was kind of a nice break.

I'm meeting the girls at 1:15 today and we're car-pooling to the Vertigo Mystery Theatre which usually goes from 2:00 to about 4:30. We'll figure out where to have dinner, after which I'm heading to the NE to visit with Kathy to meet her newborn grandson. I found the cutest gift at Baby Gap! I have to stop somewhere to get gift wrap and a card. Tomorrow will be just as busy because we have Stage West brunch(Forever Plaid). We usually try to space the two theatres in different months, but were unable to accommodate everyone's schedules to do so this time. After the play, I need to go into the office to pack my briefcase with all the essentials. Later Sunday afternoon, I'm driving to Medicine Hat for an early Monday morning budget meeting.

Luckily, Winona is in both of my theatre groups, and she's an accountant. I need her to check my income tax calculations - I can't really owe them another $1,300!!! Maybe she'll have a chance to look at it tonight and tell me tomorrow at Stage West that it's not that bad.

I was hoping to find time to re-install my scanner. I had asked Chris to do it and he is always very accommodating. However, the program that will allow me to edit and size documents is in Spanish which doesn't really work for me. I have a great picture of all the aunts on Mom's side, with the one uncle, that I'd like to post but it's too small and appears sideways. I figure if I un-install and start again from the beginning, following step-by-step with the manual, I should be able to figure it out.

Next week is the last week before our fiscal year-end at work so it will be very busy. It ends with my performance appraisal on the 31st. Of course, I have to find the time to write it up before then, in between budget meetings with my groups. I'm hoping April slows down enough so I can get my _ss to the gym. I start weekly evening courses on nutrition and how to deal with IBS next month, which I'm hoping to use as a catalyst to a better diet and lifestyle.

So I guess I'd better get going...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home