Thursday, April 06, 2006

Still keeping busy...

It seems like so long ago since I last wrote in my blog, but hasn't even been 2 weeks. Last weekend was relatively slow, I went to the Windmill Dinner Theatre in High River with friends and enjoyed great food and a very good play. Sunday morning, Chris and I did the recycling thing which we put off until absolutely necessary. After that, I volunteered for "Feed the Hungry" at St. Mary's Church and ended up delivering lots of desserts that didn't get served to one of the shelters in Calgary. It looked like one of the grocery stores donated all of their leftover birthday cakes, pies, cheesecakes, coffee cakes, brownies, etc. It was tempting to take a detour and unload some of the goodies at home, but I was good and didn't keep any for myself.

I attended the Safe Street, Safe Cities conference at the Round-Up Centre on Tuesday and Wednesday. When my office registered me, I didn't realize it went from 7:30 AM to 9:30PM each day. It was very interesting and educational, but that's some very long days. I attached a news clip below about the conference.

I was supposed to attend a third day downtown, but there was a crisis at the office and I let someone else go in my place. I tried to clean up the mess somebody in Edmonton created with one of my projects, and am still steaming about how I will have to explain the error to the people who will receive their money late because of it. My Chiropractor took a little longer than usual to get the kinks and knots out of my neck and shoulders today, and urged me to relax. I assured him I have a 4-day weekend coming up for Easter.

I've decided to take young Brandon to a movie tonight. I want to see the Ice Age movie, and I'm sure I'll enjoy it more with a kid. It's playing at the Eau Claire theatre downtown close to where he lives, which means I won't have to drive back and forth from South Calgary to downtown with him. The girls and I want to see Memoirs of a Geisha sometime this weekend, and I also want to go see Syriana which is now at the cheap theatre close to my place. Other than that, my weekend plans are flexible and I hope to get in lots of quiet reading time, and maybe some outdoor time too.

http://pabmedia.gov.ab.ca/ramgen/clips/A162042.rm

1 Comments:

At 3:14 PM, Blogger Brenda said...

I havent seen the first one yet, I'm going to rent it this weekend and Candice and I will watch it and then I want to go see #2. It look fun.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home