Friday, March 02, 2007

The latest Lucie-ism

I had several appointments this afternoon, so I took some overtime hours to be off work. Got lots done: Chiropractor, bank, doctor, then shopping. My black leather jacket has been hinting that it needed to be retired, I paid $40 last month to have a tear repaired in the back. Yesterday, the zipper broke, and today I caught the pocket in the car door while rushing to the doctor's office and ripped another big hole in it. Luckily, the Cleo shop at Chinook right below where LeeAnne works at Lenscrafters was having a sale on coats - 50% off the last sale price. I bought a nice soft red wool jacket (blazer style) and a brown ski jacket. I handed my old leather one to the sales lady and asked her if she would dispose of it so I could wear the new one, and she agreed to put it in their garbage. I had a few hours before LeeAnne finished work, so I went to see Blood Diamonds which was playing at Chinook Cinema. (By the way, I never will have any desire to own a diamond after that movie). Anyway, the movie finished later than I expected as it was more than 2 hours long, and I knew LeeAnne was waiting for me because all the shops were closed. Of course, the theatre is way at the other end of the biggest mall in Calgary. Anyway, as I'm rushing out, I automatically reach into my pocket for my car keys, and (have you guessed it yet???) the keys with the remote starter and all are in my old coat pocket! LeeAnne phones me on my cell "Where the heck are you?" I respond that she should meet me downstairs, I'll explain later, which she does, and sees me banging on the locked doors of the shop. But as usual, all ends well because the same sales lady who sold me the new coat came to the door and I was able to get the keys back. Whew! There must have been a few hidden horse shoes in one of those pockets as well.

1 Comments:

At 6:09 AM, Blogger New MrsIngram said...

So lucky that the lady was there and the keys were still in your pocket safe and sound.

What's the movie about, it sounds like something I read about in one of my business texts?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home