Monday, February 19, 2007

Well, it's 3:30 AM, and as usual, I'm not sleeping.
So what does one think of in the wee hours of the morning?
First of all, thank God I have tomorrow off, Family Day. LeeAnne has to work, and Al is going to start on some of the projects we've been talking about. We spent hours at Home Depot buying me a new drill and lots of odds and ends needed for several projects, the most ambitious of which involves tearing the carpet off the stairs leading to the upper level, and replacing them with wood that closely matches the laminate floors. Part of the wall separating the stairs from the living room will be torn out and replaced with banister and spindles and such, opening that space up a lot more. Al is assembling and finishing my island-table with stools in the same colour as my built-in china cabinet in the kitehcn. He will also help me expand my bedroom closet and eventually re-organize my basement with better shelving and storage space.

LeeAnne and Al are staying with me while they save money for a down-payment on a house, and I'm going to hang on to them as long as possible (free labour!!!). She is working at Lenscrafters, learning how to make glasses, and I believe he is taking the job with the cabinet-maker. Christian is getting his stuff organized in preparation for a move to Sault Ste-Marie in Ontario next month. He'll probably be living with his sister and working at a place called "Steele". My work is still keeping me pretty busy. I put in a full day on Saturday because I was sick one day last week, and we do have a 3-day weekend. It's the only time I could think of to work on my budgets un-interrupted. Got lots done, too.

I had a brain-fart and went to see the movie Borat at the cheap theatres. What a ridiculous and disgusting movie. You'd have to be really warped to appreciate that type of humour.

Anyway, that's all for now. Time to go back to bed. Yawn :-0

2 Comments:

At 9:44 AM, Blogger Blog U Say!!! said...

I agree 100% on the Borat movie. Anotherone that I couldnt enjoy was JAckass 2. Some parts were funny but they always go to far and I end up walking out. I enjoy a good comedy but people sense of humor has warped to much for my liking.

Later,
Henry

 
At 11:57 AM, Blogger Alberta said...

Seen Ghost Rider over the weekend...I enjoyed it more than I expected to, so that's a thumbs up from me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home